They’ve finally got some “big” (or bigger than previous years) names coming to the Niagara Falls New Year’s Eve concert.

From a CNW Newswire press release:

Global Television and Entertainment Tonight Canada celebrate 2011 with ‘New Year’s Eve at Niagara Falls,’ a nationally televised New Year’s Eve bash for the entire nation.

On Friday, December 31 – 10pm ET/PT on Global, ET Canada’s two-hour live countdown to the New Year gets underway across from the world-famous Falls in the heart of Queen Victoria Park.

One of Canada’s most celebrated live performers, Great Big Sea will kick off the second annual celebration followed by performances by international music sensation Kardinal Offishall and the GRAMMY® nominated and JUNO award-winning, Barenaked Ladies.

“Coming off of last year’s incredible show and enormous crowds, there was no question we would be returning to Niagara Falls for this amazing party,” said Barbara Williams, SVP of Content, Shaw Media. “Whether you’re in eastern, central or western Canada, audiences can tune in for off the chart performances, exclusive interviews by our ET Canada hosts and of course, a spectacular view of the Falls.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments on ET CANADA ROCKS OUT AND RINGS IN 2011 WITH 2nd ANNUAL ‘NEW YEAR’S EVE AT NIAGARA FALLS’ BROADCAST

1. Karen says:

i was going to scoop you on this one, Graham – i got a notice on Facebook from BNL. Two of my favorite things brought together. I don’t see me making it up there unfortunately. Dammit :(

• Graham says:

You should have given me the heads up :-)

I’m not a huge fan of any of the acts this year, but I definitely think it is a better line-up than there has been the last few years!

2. Karen says:

i don’t know how to be a tipster without scooping you! i think i figured out how to send just you a message before, but i’ve forgotten how.

3. Randy Robinson says:

Rumour has it that they’ll be dining at the Hard Rock before the concert. I also heard that Smash Mouth is playing across the River on Falls Street by the American Falls. What a Rockin’ night in Niagara!!!

4. StEC says:

Smash Mouth performed on our side before and they put on a fantastic show… the band is so friendly and full of energy with fun songs that all ages know!

I’m looking forward to this years show, finally some relevant entertainers!!!

5. Mark says:

Don’t bother…I tried to watch their broadcast with Glass Tiger last year, and it was a cruel joke.Cutting in and out early on G.T’s songs…..I suspect the same coverage this year.Count me out.