As I tweeted last week, I stopped by the new Niagara Falls location of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville. I walked all through the restaurant to check it out. I haven’t eaten there yet, but here are some observations:
- They did a very nice job fixing up that building.
- It has a definite “island” theme to it. The decorations, wall coverings, and sets all definitely give you a “vacation” feel.
- The stage is smaller than I thought, but still looks like it has everything they need.
- I’ve been told that there are 3 bands playing each day.
- When I was by, there were two guys out on one of the patios playing, with one of them playing a steel drum. I love that sound!
- There are 4 patios of various sizes.
- I saw a girl on stilts making balloon shapes for people.
- The extension of the building that was put on the Fallsview Blvd side is their gift shop.
- There is a nice projector system that shows a very large waterfall
- I’ve been told that their hamburger meal is around $13, where competitors (Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood) is closer to $16
Overall, I’m very, very impressed. It seems to be a much better fit that the Wolfgang Puck restaurant.
As of now, the only negative thing I’d say, is that you can’t see inside the restaurant at all from the outside. That seems like a shame. You can’t really see at all how cool it is until you walk in. That seems to be a mistake as they miss quite a bit of walking traffic if people aren’t familiar with the restaurant chain.
I don’t know when I’ll have a chance to go and eat there, but I’m looking forward to it.
2 thoughts on “Some observations about the new Niagara Falls Margaritaville”
Sounds promising! I hear the stilts/balloon animal performers are making $25/hour + grats!
I’ve heard the same thing about the performers…