Earlier this week I received the latest email newsletter from Bird Kingdom. They are offering a discount next week as part of the Sleep Cheap promotion.
Last week I received the following email newsletter from Sleep Cheap Charities Reap:
From Niagara This Week:
There’s still time to book a hotel room in Niagara Falls and help out local charities at the same time.
Rooms are still available at many of the hotels participating. A full list can be viewed at www.sleepcheapcharitiesreap.com. Rooms are available between Sunday, Nov. 10 and Thursday, Nov. 14. Additional discount offers are available for other attractions including the Greg Frewin Theatre and the Bird Kingdom Aviary.
Room rates range from $35 per night for a standard room, $45 to $85 for a room with access to a waterpark.
The City of Niagara Falls also had a media release about the Niagara Falls 2009 Sleep Cheap, Charities Reap event (the release was titled 5th Annual Sleep Cheap Reservation Date Announced):
The waiting is over! Reservations for the 5th Annual Sleep Cheap Charities Reap event can be made starting Friday October 23, 2009 at 8:00 a.m. Sleep Cheap Charities Reap will take place over four nights from Monday, November 9 to Thursday, November 12, 2009. Room rates for this year are: $35 per night for a standard room, $45 for a Fallsview room, $65 for a whirlpool room, and $85 for a room with access to a waterpark.
Twenty-eight of Niagara’s finest hotels will offer their rooms to Niagara Region residents only to benefit local charities. New to Sleep Cheap this year are the Doubletree Fallsview Resort & Spa by Hilton and the Niagara Falls Baymont Inn & Suites.
A few of my own thoughts/observations/questions:
- It’s good to see some new hotels participating
- Why is the Great Wolf Lodge participating? I’m sure they have their reasons, but ultimately it looks bad since they participated before
- I like the idea of some attractions participating. I wonder if in the future, attractions on Clifton Hill will be included
- I don’t think my family will be taking advantage of this at all this year
- I never did post my experience last year at the Americana. I will do so soon
- This is a fantastic promotion, and raises a lot of money for charity. Good job Niagara Falls!