$40 million incentive package aims to spur Falls development
From the Buffalo News:
The best ideas for new downtown development projects will have a crack at $40 million in public incentives, state and city officials announced Thursday.
The state and the City of Niagara Falls are offering access to public dollars over the next five years as part of a competition dubbed the “Downtown Niagara Falls Development Challenge.”
Officials said they are looking for proposals for “signature projects” to boost tourism from world-class designers, developers and operators.
- WKBW Channel 7 in Buffalo – Development Competition for Downtown Niagara Falls
- Niagara Gazette – Press event on Falls development challenge draws crowd of developers
- Niagara Gazette – Downtown Niagara Falls Development Challenge to build up Falls
- Buffalo News – After decades of stumbling, Niagara Falls is getting serious about boosting tourism
- WGRZ Channel 2 in Buffalo – Cuomo Launches Competition to Revitalize Niagara Falls