I have a regular blog visitor who is quite a fan of Marineland and he often sends me some notes of what he sees. Here are some of his comments/observations from a recent trip:
- Kiska is not pregnant, confirmed by staff, trainers and tank supervisor. Kiska is only lapping around her tank, gained some weight but NOT pregnant
- MLC employees know nothing of Shouka rumor (check the May 22 news item on orcahome)
- Tofino and Charmin (belugas) sent to stadium, performing in show once training is finished later this year
- No beluga pregnancies confirmed yet
- Eve, Neva, Charlotte and Mira , who are turning 3 (not Eve, she is 3 going on 4) this year are now at Friendship Cove, as part of weaning process from mothers.
- Dock (sea lion) is presumed dead (Check MLC Fans)
- Skyla’s calf still unnamed; Jubilee’s calf also un-named
- Caspian recovered from stillbirth in September
From the News-Herald (in northern Ohio):
My oldest son, Nate, was dancing around his seat even before the dolphin, walrus and sea lion show officially began at the outdoor Marineland stadium.
His enthusiasm paid off.
The emcee chose 9-year-old Nate from the packed crowd and invited him on stage in the middle of the show to feed and pet the bottlenose dolphins.
Marineland was our first stop and one of the highlights of our family’s four-day, early June trip to Niagara Falls, Canada.