As you are probably aware, the two May holiday weekends (Victoria Day weekend in Canada, Memorial Day weekend in the US) marks the unofficial start of the summer tourists season here in Niagara Falls. I haven’t heard or read anything specific about what sort of business levels people are expecting this year, but I would definitely assume that people will continue to flock to Niagara Falls.
- The zipline will have a full summer in operation
- The Big Top attraction on Clifton Hill will open
- The new developments by Kelsey’s will open (Niagara Speedway, Funnel Cakes, etc)
- The Canadian dollar is weaker, so more Americans should be coming
Here’s hoping it is a great year for everyone!
Have you been down to Clifton Hill lately in Niagara Falls? If not, then you are missing out on seeing a lot of the developments really taking shape. The most notable one is the go-kart track being made on the Clifton Hill/Victoria Ave property owned by HOCO Entertainment & Resort. The spiral of the track and the ramp look fantastic!
I’m not sure if they do one every month, but Niagara Falls Tourism has a Travel Trade newsletter that they put out. The March 2017 issue is available online (as is a PDF of the newsletter) and there are lots of interesting tidbits in it, including:
- NIAGARA FALLS CRAFT DISTILLERS
- COMING SOON TO CLIFTON HILL – NIAGARA SPEEDWAY
- EXCITING RENOVATIONS AT ELEMENTS ON THE FALLS RESTAURANT
- THERE’S A NEW SHOW IN TOWN AT GFT!
- NIAGARA FALLS FIREWORKS SCHEDULE CHANGE
- “ALL NEW” NIGHTLY ILLUMINATION OF THE FALLS
- NIAGARA FALLS MUSEUMS
- A NEW ANNUAL HOLIDAY TRADITION AT SHAW FESTIVAL
- FOUR BROTHERS CUCINA – TRULY AUTHENTIC ITALIAN
- BEHIND THE SCENES AT IMAX NIAGARA
- REVISIT THE RENOVATED BUCHANANS
- MARINELAND – NEW SHOW FOR 2017
- POPPING THE BUBBLES AT CHÂTEAU DES CHARMES
- WHAT’S NEW – NIAGARA SUNSET CRUISES
- LOOKING TO EXPLORE NIAGARA IN STYLE?
- A TRUE MUSICAL CANADIAN EXPERIENCE
- ROCKWAY VINEYARDS
I think it is safe to say that one of the most anticipated attractions in Niagara Falls for quite some time is the Niagara Speedway that will be opening at the corner of Clifton Hill and Victoria Avenue (behind Kelsey’s). The track is supposed to open this year, but no firm date has been announced.
It has been neat to see the progress as the old Comfort Inn was torn down, the lot was prepared, buildings started to pop-up, and now the spiral of the go-kart is up. It looks very cool!
There is a “Notice of Application” attached to the fencing around the Niagara Speedway (go-kart) property. You can see the notice here. It has to do with having a signer higher than is currently allowed.
From Buffalo Business First:
Niagara Speedway will take go-cart riders up and down four stories to ground-level course. The five-minute ride is expected to be ready by July
The work continues on the Niagara Speedway go-kart track on Clifton Hill/Victoria Avenue
I don’t have any details for you, but here are some photos from the Niagara Speedway construction area. It looks like the buildings/structures are mostly done, and they are starting to work on the concrete at the track.
Last week I received the latest Clifton Hill Update email newsletter.
To get your own copy of the newsletter, fill out the Clifton Hill Newsletter form at the bottom of every page of the Clifton Hill web site.