Last May the Great Wolf Lodge held a fundraiser car wash. For $20 you got your car washed by their staff, and the money was donated to a charity (I can’t remember, but I think it was cancer-related). You also got a pass for 4 people to the waterpark. It could be used once during the following 12 months on non-holidays, Monday to Thursday. Well, I looked at my voucher recently and saw that it expired on Sunday, so this past Tuesday we went swimming for free.
Here are a few thoughts/observations/comments from our trip:
- We were there for a little less than 3 hours.
- At different times, the kiddie pool, and the wave pool had to be closed. I think a small kid did something in the pool.
- On the one hand, that was annoying, on the other hand, we were there around dinner time, so the park really cleared out as people went to eat.
- It has been open for a few years now, but things look as good as ever.
- The outdoor pool was open. We went outside, to try it, but the air was still too cold, so we came back in.
- One of my sons loved the two waterslides near the tipping bucket.
- They have a couple of cool bathing suit dryers. You put your bathing suit in, and it spins them around fast to wring them out. It works great.
I can’t say enough good things about the Great Wolf Lodge. We didn’t get a chance to stay this winter (when it’s cheaper), and I can’t wait until the next time we go!