Local parks group feels ‘misled’ over zipline
From the Niagara Falls Review:
After withdrawing its concerns about Niagara Parks Commission’s new zipline last year, Preserve Our Parks is having “second thoughts” now that it’s up and running.
Group spokesman James Bannister says members will meet July 26 to discuss concerns about the attraction, which opened to the public last Friday. Bannister says some members of Preserve Our Parks feel “misled” after a meeting with parks commission members last year.
“Looking at it from River Road, it’s not terribly esthetically pleasing,” he says, referring to the tower at Grand View Marketplace where riders get strapped in for the 660-metre descent into the Niagara Gorge.
“The tower (already) there was not a bad looking building — a structure you could climb up and look out over the falls. Then all of a sudden it gained about another storey in height, which is basically just steel and cables.”